Saturday, 1 June 2013

What is gratitude?

I think that gratitude is a feeling of happiness which stems from appreciation. When people feel grateful they are appreciating what is in their life, they don't need anything else to make them happy.

If you are grateful, then your mood improves as you see the positives around you, not the silly negatives.

Gratitude itself heals.  It fixes depression, calms anxiety and turns what you have, into enough and more. 

If you feel down in the dumps, make a list of what you are grateful for. You will feel blessed.

What are you grateful for?


I am grateful for:
- Having all of my senses so I can experience the world
- My supportive family
- the roof over my head and food to eat
- my good health
- having the opportunity to achieve a uni degree
- having things to do every day
- all the amazing people I have met throughout my life who have shaped me to be the person I am today
- going to Africa
- my parents being able to take me on lots of holidays when I was younger to experience different cultures
- my out going attitude (because if I didn't have it, I would have missed out on working in America this summer)
- having access to clean water everyday
- living in a country and time where there is freedom of speech and I can have my own opinions

If you want to look more in depth at gratitude, I found these websites pretty useful...


With gratitude, you can change your life for the better (:



No comments:

Post a Comment