“If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.”
Everything is in our control. Our thoughts, our words and our actions. Therefore we can change our attitude to anything and think positively instead of negatively.
For a while now, I have seen the glass as half empty. Nothing seems to go right for me, I'm like the pied piper of bad luck! But when I read the quote above, it made me stop and think. I can change how I think and the way I see the world. We all experience the world differently because we all think differently. Some people see the world as a positive and fascinating place where there are opportunities around every corner, others see it as a depressing place where nothing ever good happens. Which world would you rather see?
In this post we are going to see the glass as half FULL! YIPPEE! So how can we do this?
1) Stop comparing yourself to others
I do this automatically so it's really difficult to stop. But does this do you any favours? Naaah, it just makes you feel even worse about yourself as you focus on all the great things about the other person, and not your own. Therefore you come off worse. So, a friend got a new job and you didn't, it's not about you! Be happy for them, you will get another opportunity to get a job and then you can boast about it and they will be happy for you (:
2) Change yo focus
Thinking positive or negative are thoughts. That's it. Just feelings. They don't define who you are as a person, and they're not necessarily part of you. They can easily be pushed away or increased. So instead of moping around in your room, dwelling on how much your life sucks and eating the entirety of ben and jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. Shift these silly sally thoughts into optimism! Your life is great :) you've got things going for you and just because you had a bad day today, doesn't mean tomorrow will be the same!
3) Positive thinking is the way forward
Always look for positive signs everywhere. This can be whatever you want it to be! For example, if a cat crosses the road or you see an aeroplane in the sky, stop and think of something positive like how you love the new bag you bought or how you're really glad you're having Lasagne for tea.
4) Be grateful
This relates to number 3, but to see the glass as half full, you have to be grateful for what you already have. Showing gratitude for what is already in your life uplifts you and makes you feel blessed. Some things I am grateful for are having the opportunity to get a uni degree, to have a loving and supporting family to come home to, have food on the table and I'm healthy. Everyone should be grateful for what they already have, as there is always somebody in the world worse off than you (as mean as that sounds).
5) Listen to crazy music
This makes sense but listen to your favourite music! This always makes you happy :)! Have a little boogie and sing as loud as you can, like you're Beyonce! Do it, I dare you ;)
6) Stop saying you're negative
When you say or think something, you become it. For example, years ago my driving instructor told me to think that I will pass my test as I'm a good and capable driver, and low and behold, ta da I did! First time! What I'm trying to say is, that if you think that you're always negative, grumpy and things aren't going right for you. Then they won't. If you think that you can achieve anything you want, you probably can (:


No comments:
Post a Comment