Wahoo! The world of blogging! This should be interesting...
So I have just finished three years of my life at University! I swear they have gone so quickly. From being a little shy sally in first year and lots of drinking and socialising to a mature and confident 21 year old ready to take on the adult world by storm (well, kind of).
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about finishing Uni. On the one hand, I get to move back home to lovely meals, my washing being done, socialising with the family and having a job where I get mad dollar. But then, I'm sure going to miss how sociable Uni is, my room was amazingly big and I'm going to miss having all my friends within walking distance.
So if you are starting Uni in September or are considering going, I'd like to point out a few cheeky tips that I've learnt:
- Uni isn't all about drinking (as much as society seems to think), yes there is a lot of drinking involved as there are many nights out, but there is also a massive load of studying, assignments, exams and presentations that you need to get through.
- Make sure you move into a house with people you are actually close to and don't just go for easy options (this will then turn into conflict and grudges!)
- Take a lot of fancy dress clothes! There are loads of fancy dress themed club nights and a lot of people do fancy dress for birthdays!
- Say yes to pretty much every social event you're invited to, especially in the first year. This will get your name around and you will meet tonnes of new people which is lovely as at the start you do feel a tad alone.
- Along the social lines, sign up to a society or sport! This will give you a great hobby to do in between studying and low and behold, you'll meet more people!
Just had a blonde moment... I can't think of any more tips I can give, but Uni is fun so just enjoy yourself and have a laugh! It's about the whole experience :)
Hopefully I haven't done too badly with this first post...ooft blogging on here is confusing!
No comments:
Post a Comment