With optimism, we can learn from our mistakes, instead of regretting them and feeling defeated.
Want to feel more confident? fulfilled? and just overall a happy chappy? Here are a few tips:
Focus on the solution, not the problem
If you focus on a problem for too long, you experience self-doubt and feelings of negativity. You can't seem to think of a solution because you're always so focused on the problem at hand. Weeeeell, try replacing these thoughts on the problem to thoughts on the solution. What could you do differently that might make the situation better? If you've fallen out with a friend BIG TIME, and it's turned into a massive problem. How can you make the situation better? Talk it out with them? Apologise and have a make-up drink? Either think of the solution, or dwell on all the negativity and self-doubt the problem gives you. It's your decision how you approach the situation.
Yes coach!
Find your inner coach. If you were watching your best friend run a race, you'd support and motivate them right? Treat yourself like the best friend. Support and motivate yourself like you would them. We always need some encouragement and motivation when we have to deal with daily life but people aren't always around when you need it. Give yourself an inner coach who can prod, motivate and encourage you to do the best you can. YOU CAN DO IT!
You've done well
Be kind to yourself and after each day, you should ask yourself "what have I done well today?". You will be able to focus on the positives of the day and also remember what amazing things you were good at. Even if it was just phoning the doctor to make that appointment (I'm not a great fan of ringing people I don't know), I motivated myself and thought, well the sooner I get it done, the better.
Look after yo body
As well as giving yourself an inner coach and throwing away your negative thinking, a healthy body helps you generate happy thoughts and emotions. Optimism is easier when you feel damn fine.
Lack of sleep
Poor eating
Lack of sleep
Poor eating
Not enough exercise
These can be factors that decrease your chances of generating a good mood and positive energy. Therefore, rest, a healthy diet and some exercise every day (even if it's going up the stairs instead of the escalator) can improve your mood.
These may seem like self explanatory ways on how to make you feel optimistic, but I think some people forget them. I'm the sort of person who, if I want to change something about myself, I wait for it to happen. I shouldn't. If I want to improve and change myself, I have to take action. If I want to get rid of these negative thoughts in my head, I have to take action and generate my brain to think more positively. You are the only one who can change and improve yourself, inside and out. It's time for you to do something about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment