MISSION 1:
Compliment, compliment compliment!
Compliments can do wonderful things. They are one of the most extraordinary components of social life. If they are given right, they create SO much positive energy that can uplift not only your mood but everything around you! Compliments are little gifts of luuuuurve and can make people feel worthy of notice.
Some benefits of compliments are:
- Complimenting others can produce a whole bag of cheesy grin's, and we know smiling is contagious.
- Complimenting others can produce a whole bag of cheesy grin's, and we know smiling is contagious.
- It creates stronger relationships with the people around you which lead to a much happier environment.
- It definitely improves people's emotional well-being, turn their frown upside down and can make them feel confident and know their self-worth.
How have you felt when someone has complimented you? Good eh? Receiving compliments is just as uplifting as giving them, maybe even more so.
Therefore, with this in mind. This week I want to give 4 genuine compliments a day. I want people to know what is great about them and hopefully make their day that little bit better (:.
Usually if someone compliments me on my smile, what I'm wearing or if I dealt with a situation well, I usually shrug it off and not take it in. Silly me. They (hopefully) wouldn't have said it if they didn't mean it. So when/if I get any compliments this week, about anything, I will take it in, not question why they're saying it and say "thank you" because when someone doesn't take a compliment, well, it's a tad awkward.
MISSION 2:
Run lolocon run!
I want to see what all this fuss is about exercise making you feel good about yourself. As one of my previous posts has focused on, exercise produces many little endorphins that make you feel so much better and can actually relieve depression. I've done exercise before but haven't felt the rush of endorphins and it hasn't made me feel amazing. Just very tired and a sweaty betty.
So the plan this week is to do some exercise every day. It can be anything. From walking my dog, climbing the stairs instead of the escalator, parking that little bit further away so I have to walk further, going on the exercise bike at home or just actually going for a run.
Exercise can help you to:
Gain confidence - Meeting goals, even small ones can boost your self-confidence because you've committed and achieved. Also getting into shape and toning your bod will make you feel better about your physical appearance.
Distract you - Exercise can be a distraction from your other worries and can get you away from the cycle of negative thinking, depression and anxiety.
Be more sociable - You may meet new people in an exercise class, at the gym, or even just in your local park. Just exchanging a friendly smile or hello can help your mood.
ALSO, exercising isn't just all about going to the gym, lifting weights and running miles! You can exercise whilst cleaning the car, walking the dog, gardening. Anything that gets you off the sofa and active will improve your mood (:
MISSION 3:
To not worry/be nervous
In this coming week, I have a job interview. SCARY TIMES. It's a proper job interview, for a big adult job. Which terrifies me. I am the sort of person who gets nervous very easily and has some anxiety when it comes to doing things I've never done before. Even though I will be shaking with nerves on Wednesday, I will not let it get the better of me. I am capable of doing this interview and will not worry if I am saying the wrong things or if they like me. I can do it. Nerves will not get the better of me. (:
If you've read this and been thinking that you might want to create a few little missions for the coming week - do it! When I've been writing this I've felt a bit more positive and excited about the coming week! Yippee!



No comments:
Post a Comment